Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Angry Birds!


I've finally uploaded my Angry Bird nail design! This was probably the most ridiculously involved nail art that I've ever done and I actually started it by accident. I was originally just going to stick with the polka dots but  I felt like it needed something else. So I tried to add a little blue whale as an accent on my ring finger... but that little whale was shaped like a bird for some reason. Now I had a random blue bird shape, so I said screw it, they're angry birds now. THEN I was only going to do the blue bird, but I felt like that would be stupid so I just went for it. At 3 am. A lot of these colors are mixes, like the gray in the bomb bird, the orange beaks and the green pigs. 

The background colors are Essie Borrowed and Blue (base) with OPI Fiercely Fiona and Salley Hansen White On as the dots, which was also the white I used for the rest of the design. The green grass and green bird is Essie Pretty Edgy. On the slingshot, I used Sephora by OPI Leotard Optional for the stick and Essie Little Brown Dress for the rubber band. The red bird is Salley Hansen Right Said Red, OPI POTC Collection  Stranger Tides. The green pigs are a mix of Pretty Edgy and OPI Who The Shrek Are You. Yellow bird is my favorite shade of yellow, OPI The It Color with Stranger Tides on his belly and finally, the blue bird is OPI Ogre The Top Blue. 

I kept this one for as long as I possibly could because it was so much fun. I got tons of compliments and my sister drove me crazy to do her nails too. I'll be honest, this was probably the most tiring art that I've ever done. It took me two days because I absolutely was not doing it all at once and risking the chance of ruining an entire hand. This was also before I started using Seche Vite so I had to wait the full time for it all to dry. If I do this again, it will be on a nail wheel because it wasn't easy to do on my dominant hand at all. But I'm glad I did it because it turned out pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment