Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Splatter

I got pretty lazy for a few weeks and kept my nails simple with just one color. It was pretty out of character for me as of late, I won't lie. I think the angry birds tired me out. But I found an awesome tutorial that I couldn't pass up. At The PolishAholic, there is an amazing tutorial for Splatter nails that I fell in love with. Each time you do it, you're guaranteed to have a unique and individual mani. Since football season has officially started, I decided to kick off my fall nail season in support of my Florida Gators. Yes, I live in Ohio but I love the Gators and will accept all the dirty looks that my Gator Gear brings me.



For this mani, I followed the steps linked above and used the following colors:
Salley Hansen White On for the base
OPI Ogre The Top Blue
OPI In My Back Pocket
Seche Vite topcoat



I didn't have a variety of straws laying around and it was only by luck that I'd gone to McDonald's earlier that day and had my drink sitting next to me so there was a straw available. When I do it again, I'll probably be using a smaller straw. The McDonald's straw was pretty big so I think a smaller area will make it a bit more controlled. I wound up with a big stripey blob of blue on my index finger that I just accepted after awhile. A smaller straw will definitely make more of a 'splatter' but I liked the way this turned out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment