Friday, February 17, 2012

I'm alive!

Holy crap I have not been updating the blog at all. Okay I'm back now and I have a lot of nails to show. This post is going to be a photo bomb of everything that I've done. Most of it is already up on the facebook page but here is a more in depth look. Here we go!


Alright, this one was done on a whim because I was house-sitting for my mom and I was bored so I dug through my sister's polish stash to try some new colors. I used Essie's Smokin' Hot as the base, stamped with my Konad m41 plate and I believe the image was stamped with Sally Hansen's Lacey Lilac. The gold stripe was done with one of my sister's polishes. I didn't catch the name and I'm kicking myself because I wanted to pick it up but it was a gold striping polish from Claire's.

This one was done with my Halloween costume in mind. I had a 'sexy cab driver' costume that I got during a Halloween closeout and I was playing with nail ideas awhile beforehand. This one was done with China Glaze Happy Go Lucky on the tips, Sally Hansen's White On as the base and my Konad m63 plate. 

For this mani, I used China Glaze City Siren (my new favorite red!), Sally Hansen's White On and black Stripe-Rite. I used a dotting tool for the polka dots. I have no idea what inspired this but I think I just wanted an excuse to play with the red polish. It kinda reminds me of a Dalmation at the firehouse. 

This might be one of my absolute favorite manis that I've ever done. My husband and I are getting into hunting and I had just gotten a bunch of camo to wear in the field and I was inspired by it. It helped a lot that I'd also just gotten into the army/camo green trend and had just gotten a haul full of them. I'm not sure how many greens that I actually wound up using, but I do know that the orange is Sun Worshipper by China Glaze with a random neon orange layered over the top to get that blaze orange shade. I also know that a few of the colors used in the camo are Essie's Sew Psyched and Little Brown Dress, black Stripe Rite, White On and China Glaze's Westside Warrior. The deer was supposed to be stamped on with one of my Bundle Monster plates with LBD but it absolutely did not want to do more than an outline so I worked with what it gave me and freehanded the rest. 

Halloween! I had tons of fun with Halloween ideas for the week leading up to Halloween and honestly, a little before that as well. On my thumb, we have the witch on her broomstick, a carved pumpkin on my index finger, Frankenstein on the middle, a spider web on the ring finger and bats on my pinky. I loved the witch and had to get an up close picture of it to show the detail. I had the same issue with the stamping that I did with a deer and wound up filling in a lot of the what didn't want to stamp. 


This was my favorite Halloween design and it was the one that I wound up wearing on the actual night of Halloween. I got into the blood splatter trend thinking that I came up with it myself only to find that it was totally the craze for Halloween manis. Oh well, it still looked cool and it got a lot of attention. I used OPI Skull and Glossbones for the base and China Glaze City Siren as the blood. I even added some bloody fingerprints using red acrylic paints and... my fingerprints. 

This was my attempt to make a political statement on my nails. In November, Ohio had a crucial piece of legislation being pushed through by the governor that would strip union rights and eliminate collective bargaining for the public sector. I'm a future teacher, married to a teacher, daughter-in-law of a firefighter and granddaughter-in-law to a retired teacher with about 4 other teachers and nurses as aunts and uncles. I was very proud to be a part of the effort to kill Senate Bill 5 and stand up for Ohio. 

Okay, on a lighter note, I also started trying my hand at water marbling. My first attempt was so terrible that I didn't even photograph it but the second attempt was much more successful. I used White On as my base and marbled with CG Happy Go Lucky, Concrete Catwalk and Urban Nights. 



This was inspired by one of the nail wheels that I started working on. I was doing a 'night sky' and did a gradient sponge paint with blues and purples and came up with this! I used so many colors in this that I don't remember which ones are all in there, but I finished the look by topping the whole thing with CG In The City.


No comments:

Post a Comment