Friday, July 8, 2011

Macho-Man Randy Savage-1980's Neon Zumba Pants-Orange Tiger Stripes

I wanted to play with some more brights, but I wanted to do a tiger stripe with my new China Glaze polish. I bought Celtic Sun (Ink Collection) and Sun Worshiper (Poolside Collection) recently. I really like both colors, though I've only used Celtic Sun on my toes. It's a great bright yellow neon, but it is REALLY thin. I don't want to dedicate twelve coats per nail, so I start with a base of flat creme white polish first (my go-to is Sally Hansen InstaDry Whirlwind White) but just make sure the white base is totally dry before starting to layer with Celtic Sun. My big toe wasn't totally dry and I got a huge streak that wasn't going to be fixed unless I took all the polish off and started over.

Sun Worshiper, on the other hand, is a bit thicker and goes on pretty well in two coats. The only thing is that it actually dries with a matte finish and if you want it to shine, you need a top coat. I didn't mind that since I rarely go without one. I actually applied the top coat before adding the stripes, just in case the black was going to smear.

I followed the Things Every College Girl Should Know how-to on zebra print nails. I will admit, hers are MUCH more perfect looking than mine, but I was going for more of a tiger look than zebra and I think they fit the bill. Here's my finished result!


I love how they turned out. My thumbs look a little funny (which is why they aren't shown :) but I'm a lot happier with this mani than I thought I would be. I had to redo my right thumb after a day because the black stripes completely wore off, even with the top coat. That's never happened to me before and it hasn't happened again. Completely weird freak occurrence? Maybe.

What I used:
China Glaze Sun Worshiper
Stripe Rite Black

No comments:

Post a Comment