Thursday, July 7, 2011

Stained Glass

 This was my first nail adventure that I thought to photograph. It's taken with my phone, so I apologize for the quality, but I didn't expect to be publishing them! I wanted a bright look that was more than just a solid color one day and just started experimenting with color. You don't have to do these exact colors (I thought of doing different blues or pastels, for instance) but try to keep them all the same finish so the end result flows nicely together.
What I used:

OPI That's Hot! Pink
OPI A Grape Fit
OPI The 'It' Color (by far, my favorite yellow)
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Grass Slipper
OPI Dating A Royal
Stripe Rite Black

This is actually a lot easier than it looks and application doesn't have to be perfect because you're filling in where the colors meet with the black line. Simply paint shapes in each color on the nail, as carefully as you can (but once again, any goofs can be covered by the black polish) and outline the area where the colors meet in black or any thin stripe of an accent polish that you choose. I wish I'd taken pictures of the steps so I can show how easy this really is. Your end result will look like a stained glass window, but I like to think of it as a paint by number :) Get creative- you don't have to put the same pattern on every nail and the same colors don't have to always be touching. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment