Thursday, July 7, 2011

Poolside Polka Dots

I was being a bit of a nail polish snob for awhile and using exclusively OPI polishes until I started poking around in my sister's polish collection one day. She had a big mix of color, a lot of which can be found at the drugstore. After testing some out, I actually found my new favorite color and it was NOT an OPI! I've been obsessed with Sally Hansen Extreme Wear in Mint Sorbet. It's a great color for spring and summer (especially on toes, it really stands out against a suntan) and pairs pretty easily with a lot of color for designs. I'm (im)patiently waiting on my shipments of Konad and BundleMonster stamps and will probably be using this color for my first stamping experiments. My only complaint about Mint Sorbet was that I wish it were a teeny tiny bit more green. When I wear it, I tend to see a little bit more of a blue tone, but that might just be me.
 No flash,  Mint Sorbet and Blue Me Away, the other color that I used in this design
With flash

What I used:
Sally Hansen Extreme Wear Blue Me Away!
Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet

I painted every other nail in each color ( I believe 2 coats each- both colors are the perfect consistency and don't require too many coats and don't get lumpy like a lot of creme polishes) This was also before I had my dotting tool and I had to make do with what I had. I had to very carefully clean off the brush before using the flat bottom part of the brush to make my dots. I actually liked that method since they came out in near perfect circles and the consistency of the color made it so I didn't have to go over them multiple times. Finish with a top coat and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment