Thursday, July 7, 2011

Neon Leopard


I LOVE leopard print. My laptop is leopard, my garter at my wedding was pink and black leopard, my couch pillows are leopard, you get the point! I'm actually working on getting a quarter sleeve leopard print tattoo soon. I can't wait! I never tried leopard print nails before and thought it would be way too hard but I surprised myself! I practiced with a few pictures online, but I don't have any brown polishes so I decided to go for the neon leopard to match my computer. This was also my first successful use of white polish on anything that isn't a french manicure. Usually I have TERRIBLE luck with white. Either it's too thin, not the bright white shade that I'm looking for or it's so thick that it never dries and always gets smudged or scraped. I found another gem in the Sally Hansen collection (I'm starting to sense a trend here. I might be hooked on Sally Hansen next...) with the InstaDry Whirlwind White. It's the exact white that I want and the brush is awesome. It's a wide flat brush, as opposed to the more rounded shape that most polishes come with. I can usually get my whole nail done in one stroke. It's also a perfect base for neons or thin polishes that need a little bit extra behind them to make them really pop.

Here's my first leopard manicure. I originally did every other nail to avoid it being too loud, but I didn't like how it looked and went back to fill the rest in later. I also should probably add that most of my pictures are taken pre-clean up to get them while they're still fresh. Don't worry, I clean all that extra off!
What I used:
Sally Hansen InstaDry Whirlwind White
Stripe Rite Neons (Pink, green, yellow, orange and purple) and Black

Inspiration for this nail design and the how to came from The Polished Medic. I've been following her blog for awhile and LOVE the way she does her nails. I also love to see long, natural nails being done in more colors than just red and french-tipped :)

After doing my own mani, I decided to give my kitty her weekly mani as well. She wears Soft Claws to cover her front claws since I don't declaw my kitties and this week, we were matching once I put on her pink and blue caps. We had also just finished listening to some Lady Gaga so I felt compelled to snap a picture of my own little monster. Allow me to introduce, Peppers!
Peppers, put your paws up!

No comments:

Post a Comment