Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tutorial: Pac-Man!

Today I decided to do a nail design that my husband would enjoy. He's the typical guy, he sees my nails and 'Oh that's nice...' so I figured that I would put something on there that he would pay attention to. I still don't have my Konad stamps so I went back to my nail brushes and googled some pictures and decided that I'd do a little Pac-Man scene and this time, I took pictures of each steps so I could put together a tutorial as well. So productive today!

What I used:

From pinky to thumb, I used
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Right Said Red (best true red ever!)
OPI That's Hot! Pink
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue Me Away
OPI In My Back Pocket
OPI The 'It' Color
Stripe Rite Black
Stripe Rite White (Not pictured, I thought I was going to use Whirlwind White but changed my mind)

Start by painting each nail a different color. Order doesn't really matter but the thumb has to be yellow.

Then I used the Stripe Rite to draw the bottoms of the ghosts, just three little trangles at the tip of each nail.



On my thumb, I drew a V down from the tip of my nail to just above the center, like a < sign, but enough that it will look rounded when you're done. I filled that in with a regular black polish since the Stripe Rite can clump if you try to use too much of it. After that, I essentially did an inverted french tip to finish the half-circle shape of Pac-Man and filled it in as I did before.
With the white Stripe Rite, I added the eyeballs for the ghosts

Add little black dots inside the eyes so the ghosts can see


Finally, you add an eye for Pac-Man. Finish with a top coat, but make sure everything is completely dry. There are a lot of little details that can very easily smear if you drag a top coat across it.

When I finished it, I called my husband to come see the Pac-Man nails and he loved them! He didn't want to admit that he thought nail polish was cool, but he couldn't resist something nerdy :) It's actually pretty easy to do once you break it up in steps, but the most important thing is to just let each step dry before starting the next to avoid smudges and smears. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment